Cloud accounts are the configured permissions that vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly uses to collect data from the regions or data centers, and to deploy blueprints to those regions.
The collected data includes the regions that you later associate with cloud zones.
When you later configure cloud zones, mappings, and profiles, you select the cloud account to which they are associated.
As a cloud administrator, you create cloud accounts for the projects in which team members work. Resource information such as network and security, compute, storage, and tags content is data-collected from your cloud accounts.
Create a vCenter cloud account in vRealize Automation
- Verify that you have the required administrator credentials and have enabled HTTPS access on port 443. See Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in vRealize Automation.
- Verify that you have the cloud administrator user role. See What are the vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly user roles.
- Verify that you have properly configured your ports and protocols to support the cloud account. See the Ports and Protocols for vRealize Automation topic in Installing vRealize Automation with vRealize Easy Installer and the Port Requirements topic in vRealize Automation Reference Architecture Guide in the vRealize Automation product documentation.
- Select Infrastructure > Connections > Cloud Accounts and click Add Cloud Account.
- Select the vCenter account type and enter the vCenter Server host IP address.
- Enter your vCenter Server administrator credentials and click Validate. All data centers that are associated with the account are data-collected. The following elements are data-collected, as are all vSphere tags for the following elements:
- Clusters and hosts
- Port groups
- Data stores
- Select at least one of the available data centers on the specified vCenter Server to allow provisioning for this cloud account.
- For efficiency, create a cloud zone for provisioning to the selected data centers. You can also create cloud zones as a separate step according to your organization’s cloud strategy. For information about cloud zones, see Learn more about vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly cloud zones.
- Select an existing NSX cloud account. You can select the NSX account now, or later when you edit the cloud account. For information about NSX-V cloud accounts, see Create an NSX-V cloud account in vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly. For information about NSX-T cloud accounts, see Create an NSX-T cloud account in vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly.
- If you want to add tags to support a tagging strategy, enter capability tags. You can add tags now, or later when you edit the cloud account. For information about tagging, see How do I use tags to manage vRealize Automation Cloud Assembly resources and deployments.
- Click Save.
The rest cloud account which we can use in vRA8 is detailed on VMware site