vRealize Orchestrator help us to create many helpfull extensibility for our vRealize Automation deployment. We can create custom logic to work with other element in infrastructure, collect data from deploying or deployed VM and use them to manage that specific VM.
To use vRealize Orchestrator Extensibility you need to configure few elements:
- Configure a vRealize Automation host for your vRealize Orchestrator.
- Configure an IaaS host for your vRealize Orchestrator.
- Install the vRealize Orchestrator customizations for extending IaaS machine lifecycles.
- Create a vRealize Automation endpoint for your vRealize Orchestrator instance.
- Use the workflow template provided in the Extensibility subdirectory of the vRealize Automation plug-in library to create a custom vRealize Orchestrator workflow to run during the machine lifecycle. You can run multiple workflows in the same state for the same blueprint as long as you nest them under a single wrapper workflow
- Run the provided workflow that inserts your custom workflow into an IaaS workflow stub and configures a blueprint to call the IaaS workflow stub
also in vRealize Automation you need to add vRO as an Endpoint
When all steps are configured you can test the extensibility.
Firstly you need to create the Event subscription
In your blueprint as custom properties you need to add Lifecycle Extesibility
and after sucesfully run your request
Also the workflow will run sucesfully.